I have now started work on the cavalry research project, scouring the military manuals of the mid-seventeenth century and ploughing through contemporary accounts looking for useful material. There is some and some ideas are beginning to take shape, which probably means going back over everything again looking for what I missed the first time.
I have also started organising a group of people to recreate a detachment of the 16th Light Dragoons during the Peninsular War and Waterloo Campaign. That is interesting and challenging. But uniforms are ordered, I have a very nice reproduction Paget carbine, tack is expected shortly and I am looking forward to getting my hands on a 1796 Light Cavalry Sabre so I can start doing the 1796 Sword Exercise properly. I am also getting ideas about that which will contribute, in time, to the research project.